Halloween is just around the corner, and if you're looking for a fun and spooky way to connect with your friends, family, or coworkers, you might want to try this scary connection game. It's a simple but thrilling activity that will test your creativity, communication, and courage.
The game is based on the idea of six degrees of separation, which states that any two people on the planet are connected by six or fewer acquaintances. In this game, however, you have to find the connection between two horror-related items, such as characters, movies, books, or events. For example, how can you connect Freddy Krueger to Frankenstein? Or The Exorcist to The Shining? Or Dracula to Salem's Lot?
The rules are simple:
- You need at least two players, but the more the merrier.
- One player starts by choosing two horror-related items and announcing them to the group.
- The other players have to find the connection between the two items in six steps or less, using only horror-related items as intermediaries. For example, Freddy Krueger -> A Nightmare on Elm Street -> Wes Craven -> Scream -> Ghostface -> Scary Movie -> Frankenstein.
- The players can use any horror-related item they can think of, as long as it is relevant and verifiable. They can also use different media, such as books, movies, TV shows, games, etc.
- The players have to explain each step of their connection and how it relates to the previous and next item. For example, Freddy Krueger is the main antagonist of A Nightmare on Elm Street, which was directed by Wes Craven, who also directed Scream, which features a killer wearing a Ghostface mask, which was parodied in Scary Movie, which also spoofed Frankenstein.
- The first player who finds a valid connection wins the round and gets to choose the next pair of items. If no one can find a connection in six steps or less, the round is a draw and the same player chooses again.
- The game ends when the players run out of ideas or get too scared.
This game is a great way to test your horror knowledge and have some fun with your friends. You can also make it more challenging by adding some twists, such as:
- Limiting the number of steps to four or three.
- Using only items from a specific genre, decade, or country.
- Using only items that start with a certain letter or sound.
- Using only items that have a common theme or element.
You can also play this game online using video calls or chat platforms. Just make sure everyone can hear and see each other clearly and have access to the internet for verification.
So what are you waiting for? Grab some snacks, dim the lights, and get ready for some scary connection fun. Happy Halloween!
Use the mouse to play this game